AITF establish certification decision committee (CDC) for taking decision of granting the certificate. The CDC member include Director, Certification Manager, auditors and experts working with AITF-MCL to consider specific recommendations made in relation to granting, maintaining, extending, suspending and withdrawing certification. Members of the CDC establish with including a technical person/s. All CDC Members are independent from the auditing activity.
Audit pack forwarded by lead auditor Initial/ Re Certification Audit /Surveillance/ Special Audit is reviewed by Certificate Decision Committee (CDC), which is an independent, competent authority comprising DIRECTOR, CERTIFICATION MANAGER, and qualified auditor who are not member of audit team. CDC reviews the audit pack along with contract review records to ensure that:
- Assessment has been conducted to cover the scope of certification.
- Assessment has covered all the requirement of audit programme.
- Audit check list has been completed with adequate details by each auditor.
- Do the auditor / technical experts audit respective processes based upon the competence as per the audit programme defined in Assessment process.
- Assessment conducted provides confidence in the justification for recommendation for certification.
- Audit team has reviewed, acceptance and verified the effectiveness of correction and corrective actions, for all non-conformities which represent.
- Failure to fulfil one or more requirements of the management system standard or a situation that raises significant doubt about the ability of the client's management system to achieve its intended outputs.
- Clients planned corrction/ corrective action for any other nonconformity is reviewed and accepted by the audit team.
- Any other relevant information.
- If any branch/ site covered under the scope of certification have a nonconformity certification shall be defined to the whole network of listed sites pending satisfactory corrective action.
- Independence of audit member.
If the Review is for scope extension audit the following checkpoint needed to be conceder -
- Assessment has been conducted to cover the additional scope of certification
- Audit check list has been completed with adequate details by each auditor for additional scope
- Assessment conducted provides confidence in the justification for recommendation for certification additional scope
Certificate of compliance is issued to give confidence in the product, process and services of the client organization.
Certificate of compliance shall be issued within a time frame of one month, unless a major concern is expressed by CDC (Certification decision committee)
Certificate of compliance (Certificate of registration) shall consist of following information but not limited to
- Certificate Number
- Scope of Certificate
- Physical location of the client organization
- Registration Date
- Condition for validity
- Certificate Revision
The certificate may be suspended for the following reasons:
- Requested corrective actions are not performed within agreed time limits.
- Improper use of the certificate of conformity or accreditation mark, e.g. misleading publication or advertisement.
- The holder of the certificate neglects to inform AITF about matters of vital importance for the certified management system.
- Failure to settle the outstanding dues due to AITF.
An official suspension of the certificate will be confirmed in writing to the certificate holder. AITF shall indicate under what conditions the suspension will be removed, e.g. corrective actions to be taken. The accreditation authority will be informed.
At the end of the suspension period, AITF will determine if the indicated conditions for re-instituting the certificate have been fulfilled.
On fulfillment, the suspension shall be removed by notifying the certificate holder that the certificate has been reinstated.
The certificate may be withdrawn in the following cases:
- If periodical audits reveal nonconformities of serious nature;
- If the certificate holder fails to comply with the due settlement of his financial obligation;
- If inadequate measures are taken by the certificate holder in case of suspension.
The certificate will be cancelled if the certificate holder does not wish to prolong the agreement. AITF will withdraw/ cancel the certificate by informing the certificate holder in writing.
If client requested to do so or if during assessment it found that client donot having the imparted same (scope) activity in existence in such an event scope will be reduced at any type of assessment. Above established Criteria for Suspension, withdrawal, cancellation and reducing scope of certification shall be followed. The Certificate will be withdrawn in its entirety if client or in multisite case the central office or any of the sites does not fulfil the necessary provision for the maintenance of the certification